Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Delicious Journey From Pittsburgh to Chicago

    My journey started March of 2013 when I visited Chicago for the first time. My parents and I went to Chicago to look at and tour The French Pastry School. We attended the a French Pastry Experience where we were able to taste different recipes from the school and tour the building! Let me tell you, everything was delicious and everyone was so welcoming! I instantly fell in love with the school and Chicago, so I knew I had to apply! After much anticipation, I found out that I was accepted to the L'art de la Patisserie program at The French Pastry School in early October. For those of you, like myself, that know very little French; L'art de la Patisserie means the art of pastry. This is one out of three programs at the school; the other two are L'art du Gateau, the art of cake, and L'art de la Boulangerie, the art of baking a.k.a. breads. This brings me to why I chose Les Patisseries d'Angelina for my blog name. I chose it because it means Angelina's Pastries in French. 

    I started this blog so that friends and family can see all of the delicious pastries that I have learned and will be learning over the next four months. I thought it would be good so that my family and friends can see pictures and descriptions of what I am making. I cannot wait to be able to make these recipes for them when I get back to the 'burgh! Well cant wait to get back to Pittsburgh in general! Obviously I love being here, love the experience of learning new things, and meeting new people; but nothing beats being back in Pittsburgh.








     
                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 



No comments:

Post a Comment