Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Great Oppurtunity with Great Friends


The school offers continuing education courses and we were given a the opportunity to take one for free! So obviously I did not pass up this opportunity! I am so glad that some of my friends chose to do it as well!!









This is Chef Joel Reno! I have had him in the pastry program and had him for the past month in the cake program! Through both of these programs he has taught me so much! One of his biggest pet peeves is when people do not have confidence in themselves and what they are doing. Well that has always been a weakness of mine. I have always been hard on myself and always find something wrong with what I have made. He has helped me have more confidence and realize that you are not going to master something on the first try. A while back in my blog I talked about Chef Jonathan, and how each chef has a quote on the school's website. Chef Joel's is "Pastry is a beautiful craft and I love getting people excited about it. When students of pastry get equally as excited about learning the process and science behind making the recipes as the final product itself, magic can happen." I have always been excited about learning new things, but having him as a teacher has gotten me even more excited. He is definitely someone whom I look up and I am very glad that I was able to study under him im both programs!! Chef Joel has taught me to think more creatively and to try everything (I never was a picky eater, but now I have to try everything haha!)! He is always coming up with new flavor combinations and new recipes (well new for me haha), and they ALWAYS sound delicious! This past week he came up with this pecan cake with a caramel filling, pecan pralinettes, and milk chocolate glaze and we got to taste it! I cannot even begin to tell you how delicious it was!!



If you want to read his bio this is the link: Chef Joel Reno

No comments:

Post a Comment