Saturday, January 31, 2015

L'Art du Gateau

I'm back! I haven't updated my blog in a while because I haven't had any pictures to share, until this week. I started the Cake Program the first week in January and let me tell you, it is a lot different then the Pastry Program. It is a lot more quiet and definitely weird not having my classmates from the pastry program with me. Don't get me wrong, I still like the cake program and the class I have now; but I miss having the class that I had before. I couldn't imagine not doing the pastry program first and not seeing those people every day at 6:45 in the morning.

Anyways, here is what we have been working on the past two weeks. All of these cakes are fake, just so that we can practice decorating. I could not imagine bringing home all of those cakes if they were real. To decorate a real cake, it would pretty much be the same way.











 Tiffany's Box Cake




























Vintage Travel Makeup Case 






























Baby Shower Cake
(Added a special touch for my cousin Heather who is pregnant! Cannot wait to meet baby Musolino!)



























Brush Embroidery























Peony
(Made out of gumpaste)

No comments:

Post a Comment