Friday, November 14, 2014

Wedding Cakes: Gumpaste Flowers











Just a little update before you look at what I have been working on this week. Last week I unfortunately found out that I was not chosen to be an intern at the school for next term. As we have been taught, our profession comes with a lot of rejection and this is the first one that I will be able to take as a learning experience. That being said I am going back to my original plan of doing all three programs at the school. As much as I wanted the internship, the cake program will be a great opportunity and learning experience for me as well. 

Speaking of the cake program this week and next week we will be working on the wedding cake module. This week we focused on gumpaste flowers. I have not worked with gumpaste this much in a long time and it was fun to get back into it and learn more. When you look at the pictures the first picture will be before shading(with luster dust) and the second picture will be after shading. Some picture might be hard to tell. but you still might be able to see some sort of difference.




   Yellow Roses












   Carnations






































Blossoms









        Daisy 











All put together!

Of course I had to make yellow roses again! They were my grandma's favorite. I wish she was here to see them, but I know she is with me in the kitchen everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment